Murder charges filed against Carmichael hit, run suspect | Crime
CARMICHAEL, CA (AP) - Prosecutors are charging a suspect with murder in a fatal hit-and-run crash in Sacramento County that also killed four dogs.
The Sacramento Bee reports 31-year-old Paul William Walden was charged with murder in Sacramento Superior Court Wednesday.
Prosecutors say Walden struck 21-year-old Harrison Long-Randall and his girlfriend, 23-year-old Gemily West, on July 16 as they walked four dogs in Carmichael.
Witnesses said Long-Randall stepped in to shield his girlfriend. He suffered a severed leg and died two weeks later.
West was seriously injured, but released from the hospital. The four dogs died.
Walden faces multiple additional charges, including driving under the influence. The Sacramento County District Attorney's Office says he has not entered a plea and will next appear in court on Oct. 31.
Upcoming Events near Fair Oaks / Carmichael
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects