2013 Weekly Challenge #5: A Healthy Super Bowl | Food and Drink
The BIG GAME is this weekend, and that means party time!
Leading a fit and healthy lifestyle doesn't mean you have to forgo the celebrations this weekend. Mama Bootcamp is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change and so you can still enjoy fun gatherings like a Superbowl Party but with delicious, healthy food. Your challenge this week is to consider nutrient-packed healthy party foods and keep away from the over-processed junk food. Dips like salsa or hummus are great with carrots and jicima. Fresh salsa from the deli or dairy case is better than jarred on the shelf. If you serve them with chips, go with the baked style instead of fried. Every supermarket around will be featuring avocados on sale this week since guacamole is a popular football party food.
Here is a great recipe for guacamole from our food coach Erika!
Upcoming Events near Fair Oaks / Carmichael
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects