Say goodbye to Saturday mail service | News
WASHINGTON (AP) - The financially struggling U.S. Postal Service says it plans to stop delivering mail on Saturdays, but continue delivering packages six days a week.
In an announcement scheduled for later Wednesday, the service is expected to say the cut, beginning in August, would mean a cost saving of about $2 billion annually.
The move accentuates one of the agency's strong points - package delivery has increased by 14 percent since 2010.
The delivery of letters and other mail has declined with the increasing use of email and other Internet use.
Upcoming Events near Fair Oaks / Carmichael
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- News10 My Neighborhood Wishes You a Very Happy Labor Day Weekend!
- U-haul truck smashes into Citrus Heights home with baby sleeping feet away
- Books I have read and loved or want to read
- Free DIY Furniture Plans // How to Build a Mid Century Modern Side Table
- CHP: Motorcyclists killed in speed-racing crash